7.29.2012

Our Angel Babies


12 weeks. 12 weeks 2 days. It was suppose to be safe to tell the world we were pregnant. The online pregnant community (which I secretly despise) would say 12wk2d. I was suppose to anticipate calls from friends and family with their congrats. Congrats on “TWINS!” they would have said. We sent out letters knowing they would arrive when we reached the 12week mark. The “safe” mark. Instead, I had the worst day of my life. My husband did, too. Something was off. But nothing that caused great concern for me and of course not for my husband- the rock and pragmatic one throughout this all… Nevertheless I called the doctor. (It was a Friday). “We have no openings but I can put you through to the nurses hotline,” the receptionist said. Within one hour the nurse called back. “After hearing your symptoms I think you should come in right now.” (My “symptom” was light spotting- not enough cause for a great concern, but through my tears this nurse had compassion on me and fit me in immediately). So I went straight to the doctor. I went alone. I went because they wanted me to. I went because my husband needn’t have worried. I went because. . .
12weeks 2days, 12wk2d, I should have been in the clear. I should have had a moment of joy seeing their little heartbeats again. The “silly” one dancing with his arms and legs upside down (his preferable choice) and the “calm” one in typical fetal position resting the way she liked to (right-side up). Not today. Not this day. No, instead, I saw two sweet, angel babies lying on their backs with no movement. I saw every, single mother's worst nightmare: my babies were no longer living and dancing (or snuggling, sweet baby B- baby girl) in my womb. They were very much there, but their Spirits were in heaven.
I want to write about the grief. And the anger. I will. I will soon. I need to. But today, I need to write that it is not fair. It is not okay and even though the Lord WILL turn these ashes into beauty, I cannot see that now. Have I had glimpses? Yes? But my reality? No.
I hate July.
Tomorrow they will take my babies out of me. Sleep sweetly in the arms of your Savior my dear, precious children. We love you so deeply. We know you both are in the arms of your Savior and you did not experience the pain of this world.
We are experiencing it for you. 
 
Blog Design by Designs by Linds © 2012